What Is Elder Law?
Elder law is an area of law that specializes in legal matters that specifically affect older individuals. This can include planning the future of your estate, facilitating financial administration, and Medicaid assistance. From long-term planning to short-term medical needs, legal counsel can help you identify the options before you and how to facilitate the best possible plan of action.
With the rising costs of healthcare and housing, being in a stable financial position is more important than ever. As you grow older, it can be extremely advantageous to have a financial plan laid out before you. Additionally, if you are not able to afford the necessities of healthcare and housing as you age, there are government assistance programs that will help you find and afford viable options that will meet your needs.
There are many factors that contribute to determining eligibility for senior housing and medical assistance, and your legal representation will play a major role in facilitating these essential needs. What’s more, your attorney will also help you construct a financial plan that is sustainable and well-calculated so that you don’t have to deal with the burden of monetary stresses.
What Kinds Of Matters Do Elder Law Attorneys Handle?
Elder Law attorneys handle a diverse array of matters related to senior care. This includes the management of affairs such as:
- Estate Planning: Elder law estate planning lawyers will help you put your estate in order as you consider the legacy and future of your assets and finances. This can include the creation of trusts, making guardianship decisions, and overall management and settlement of your estate.
- Social Security: An elder law attorney will ensure that you obtain the proper amount of Social Security benefits based on your particular situation.
- Medicaid: Determining eligibility and applying for Medicaid is a complex process that requires the discerning eye of a legal professional. Make sure you get the assistance you deserve with the help of adept legal counsel.
- Long-Term Care: With the many expenses that come with long-term care options, having a clear financial plan is crucial. Along with this, there are alternatives to help you afford these services such as long-term care insurance.
- Elder Abuse or Fraud: Elder abuse encompasses physical, emotional, or financial mistreatment. Senior individuals deserve to be treated with care and respect. If you or a loved one have been the victim of elder abuse, an attorney will help you with contacting the authorities, recuperate lost finances, and getting the victim into a safe environment.
With the many facets of elder law, it is easy to be overwhelmed and be at a loss of where to start. With the help of Attorney Brandon Wagner and his expertise, you can be sure that you will be cared for to the highest degree possible.